Can a burger be healthy? Let’s find out as we dive into this yummy, quick and easy recipe by Paayel Agarwaal.
- 5 thick idlis (cut horizontally) or 10 thin idlis
For the burgers: (Makes 10 patties)
- 1 cup sprouted moong beans; steamed
- 2 medium potatoes; boiled and mashed well( do not peel)
- 1 tbsp ginger-chili paste (or according to taste)
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Green Chutney
- Sliced tomatoes
To Make the burger
- In a large bowl, mix the moong beans with all of the other ingredients. The mixture should hold together when you form a patty.
- Heat a cast-iron griddle.
- Brush on some oil and rub with a cloth.
- Cook the burgers over medium-high heat until golden-brown. Flip over and cook the other side. (No need to add any oil)
- Take a piece of idli.
- Spread green chutney.
- Place a piece of sliced tomato.
- Place the patty.
- Place the other piece of idli on top.
- Cut into two pieces if desired.
This recipe of the burger is also safe for Vegans and can be consumed without any worry.
-Recipe by Paayel Agarwaal
To know more about more such recipes, do not forget to visit…